Our Family Camp provides an opportunity for families with a child diagnosed with cancer to reconnect, have fun and connect with a community who has similar experiences. Our scheduling includes time for rest and revitalization. Because all our Family Camps take place in a traditional camp setting, participants will have the opportunity to get a snapshot of the programming we provide during our Kid Camp programs.
We offer inclusive programming that is age and developmentally-appropriate and accommodate our activities for all ability levels, always free of charge.
Who this camp is for
- The immediate family of a child diagnosed with cancer, including up to two adult caregivers. Children must be between the ages of 0 and 18.
- Children under the age of 5 must be under the care of their parents/guardians. Children aged 6 to 18 are the responsibility of their parents/guardians unless participating in scheduled Camp Rotary activities facilitated by trained counsellors.
- All participants must be current residents of New Brunswick.
- All participants must have their immunizations up to date.
* Applications open in early April. Please complete the application and submit it to the Camp Goodtimes office no later than June 1, 2020.
Family Camp takes place at Camp Rotary which offers a peaceful setting that allow families to enjoy all that nature has to offer. Families sleep in private cabins with electricity and twin beds and have access to shared washrooms and showers.
We have trained and qualified program staff facilitating each activity and qualified medical support available on site 24 hours a day, but parents are expected to provide regular treatment-related care to their children.
Most of our families arrive and depart from camp by car. We also offer reimbursement of travel expenses in certain circumstances. Please contact the camp office to find out more.
Maybe, if you need special food for medical reasons. Camp Rotary staff do their best to accommodate dietary restrictions. If you have significant dietary requirements, please contact the camp office to address your needs.
Maybe, but only if they are an adult caregiver. Each family may bring up to two adult caregivers with them to Family Camp. Siblings, aged 0 to 18, are also welcome to attend Family Camp.
Yes! Kids Camp attendees must be between the ages of 7 to 16 to join for a week of Kids Camp.