Buddy Program (ages 18-21)
If you’re outgoing and energetic, caring and compassionate, dependable and positive, and a team player, then our Buddy Program may be for you!
During the Buddy Program you’ll meet great people, develop new skills and use these skills to help kids have a positive camp experience. Buddies provide support to campers by mentoring them, being there to listen and sharing experiences.
In addition, Buddies…
- Build leadership skills.
- Host the Buddy Campfire.
- Act as tour guides on Visitors Day.
- Decorate for the camp’s theme party.
- Play an essential role in upholding Camp Goodtimes traditions such as camp songs, dining hall “rules” and other fun activities.
Applicants are required to:
- Complete the registration form, providing two references.
- Provide a current resume.
- Complete a criminal record and vulnerable sector check.
- Meet with our volunteer coordinator by phone or in-person for an interview.
- Attend a Buddy Orientation and be available for camp from August 18-23, 2019.
Buddy Program application
Click on “New Volunteer Application” and select “Camp Goodtimes – Buddy” for your availability week.
Applications must be submitted by August 1, 2019.
For more information, please contact the Canadian Cancer Society at: