We are excited to offer free virtual programs throughout the year that promotes play, laughter, support, and the message camp provides us with every summer – we are not in this alone. During the pandemic we will be offering both registration-based weekly kids and youth programs along with once a month registration-based family events.
Clubs are a weekly program that meet every week for seven consecutive weeks starting the week of Feb 15th and goes until the week of March 29th. Campers will create, laugh and connect for one hour a week on Zoom with others who have similar interests. A package will be mailed to your camper’s home to ensure they have all the necessary supplies to support their participation in their chosen club at least one week before the start of the program. Registration closes on January 31st.
- Maker Club (Ages 7-12): Get together every week to make something new! From games and toys to bird-feeders, you will be challenged to get crafty and creative, and make something interesting you can use at home! Takes place on Thursday’s 4:30-5:30pm
- Games Club (Ages 7-12): Roll, draw, strategize, and guess your way through a ton of new and classic games with Camp Goodtimes. Think trivia, scavenger hunts, board game and game show adaptions. Takes place on Thursday’s 6:30-7:30pm.
- Coding Club (Ages 10-14): Learn to make your own games and animations using code! We will use computer program Scratch to learn coding basics, and apply our learning to come super cool projects! Scratch is a coding program designed for kids and young people; you don’t need to have tried coding before to take part. Takes place on Wednesday’s 4:30-5:30pm.
- Dungeons and Dragons (Ages 10-14): Team up with other players to take on monsters, travel through new lands, and work your way through an epic campaign! Campers returning from Goodtimes at Home D&D club in the Fall will meet on Mondays at 6:30-8:00pm. Campers new to this program will meet on Wednesday’s 6:30-8:00pm.
- Youth Program (Ages 15-21): Meet up and take part in various art projects and games with other Camp Goodtimes young adults. Takes place on Wednesday evenings from 7:00 – 8:00pm.
Internet Safety: The well-being and safety of our campers are always at the forefront of our programming and while we transition online this still holds true. Some factors we are taking into consideration are:
- Platform: as virtual meet-ups and learning have become the new norm in the past months, we have been carefully monitoring and observing which platforms will best suit our needs while protecting the privacy of our campers and families
- Access: Links to our online programs will only be shared via email to those who are registered for that specific program. All of our virtual rooms will have passwords and virtual rooms will have a volunteer or staff moderator who will let people in to the group, and control participants ability to mute/unmute, share screens and enable/disable private chats amongst participants.
- Online behaviour: to create an environment of support and acceptance, at the start of every program we will go over the conduct we expect of our participants while in program. We will disable private chat functions and file sharing amongst participants to ensure that inappropriate content sharing or online bullying is not taking place.
Supervision: We know that one of the most cherished part of camp is our incredible workforce of energetic, kind, and heartwarming volunteers. It would not be a Camp Goodtimes summer without them and as such we are happy to say that you will see some of their shining faces through your screen this summer.
We plan on maintaining our ratios and having 2 volunteers/staff per virtual room. We will maintain consistency with volunteers who are managing a cabin group so that campers have a chance to build rapport and trust with their supervisor. The Camp Goodtimes staff will be checking in on every virtual room throughout the day and providing support at all times while the program is running. All volunteers joining us for our Goodtimes at Home Fall Program will be trained before their respective program start dates, have up to date criminal record checks, and are returning to us after having done a previous summer of camp.
Join us for a second Story-Time with StuBall!
Posted by Camp Goodtimes on Wednesday, June 17, 2020
Join us for our fourth Virtual Campfire!
Posted by Camp Goodtimes on Wednesday, June 3, 2020
Join our Open Mic wizards from Teen Camp, Guy & Patty, for a Wednesday night jam session!
Posted by Camp Goodtimes on Wednesday, May 20, 2020
Join us for Virtual Campfire 3.0!
Posted by Camp Goodtimes on Wednesday, May 6, 2020
Join us for our second virtual campfire!
Posted by Camp Goodtimes on Wednesday, April 15, 2020
Learn the basics of embroidery! We'll go over a few basic stitches, how to thread your needle, and how to make a design!
Posted by Camp Goodtimes on Tuesday, April 21, 2020
Learn how to do self portriats! All you need is a piece of paper and something to draw with.
Posted by Camp Goodtimes on Monday, April 6, 2020
Get wild while we stretch like animals in this kids focused yoga stretch!
Posted by Camp Goodtimes on Friday, April 10, 2020
This is Camp Goodtimes' first Campfire at Home! Hosted live at 7pm PST we encourage families to sing along, dance, laugh, and have fun! Our first of many campfires to be held from our home to yours. Comment below on what songs you would like to hear next!
Posted by Camp Goodtimes on Wednesday, March 25, 2020
With all the time spent in our houses, let get creative with what we already have in them. We will be putting up a quick activity, challenge, or craft using everyday household items.
We got spirit, yes we do! We are getting pumped up for our summer virtual programs, are you?!Send us a video of you doing your favourite camp cheer. #goodtimesathome #summercamp
Posted by Camp Goodtimes on Friday, June 5, 2020
Today with Goodtimes at Home, we want you to challenge you family to some camp games! Check out instructions here: https://campgoodtimes.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/Camp-Goodtimes-Games.pdf..#GoodtimesAtHome #SummerCamp
Posted by Camp Goodtimes on Wednesday, May 27, 2020
Design your own day of camp:
Have you ever wanted to design your own camp schedule? Let us know what activities you would choose to do all day!#goodtimesathome #summercamp
Posted by Camp Goodtimes on Thursday, May 21, 2020
This Thrifty Thursday we are challenging you to make sock puppets and act them out with the Mad Libs sheet we posted on Monday. Send us your creations here on by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org #GoodtimesAtHome #ThriftyThursday
Posted by Camp Goodtimes on Thursday, April 30, 2020
This Thrifty Thursday, we challenge you to create some nature art!
Posted by Camp Goodtimes on Thursday, April 23, 2020
This Thrifty Thursday, we challenge you in creating an obstacle course. Send us your creations.
Posted by Camp Goodtimes on Thursday, April 16, 2020
Download the links below and follow along!
- Moving Worm
- Paracord Bracelets
- Homemade Beads
- Toilet Paper Roll – Jellyfish
- Camp Colouring Pages #2
- Toilet Paper Roll Aliens
- Bug’s Life Egg
- Friendship Bracelets with Kat #1
- Friendship Bracelets with Kat #2
- Camp colouring pages
- Gratitude jars
- Sock puppet
- Rainbow in a glass
- Creating lava lamps
- Introduction to embroidery
- Easter Crafts
- Building Catapults
- Making Paper Bunnies and Potato Stamps
- Create an underwater flashlight
- Learn how to make Oobleck
- Recreate a Camp photo